Monday, September 20

ANGEL ARMS GOES TO BELGIUM


hehe this is one story I really have to share. hmmm ok so it was saturday and we were supposed to go to Arras (a city to the south of Lille) but there was a stike by the workers so train service was out. Too bad. I was so excited to go! Anyway, so here I was again, stuck for another weekend in the dorm. As I powered up my pc and loaded MSN and stuff, Antoine, a fellow student who was in my batch buzzed me and we had some small talk going. He asked why I was online when I was supposed to be travelling to Arras that day (I was surprised he remembered my plans for the weekend). So there when he learned that my plans got cancelled, he asked me if I wanted to go with them for biking and picnic and stuff the following day. He even offered to bring an extra bike for me (coz I don't have one here) hehe It was very nice of them I couldn't refuse. It was definitely more appealing than just staying around the dorm for the entire sunday. So I said yes, and I was really excited! I assumed we'll be going around Lille, perhaps the countryside outside of the city, and propably have picnic in one of the parks here. But I was soooo wrong.... hehe anyway back to my story. So I went to the town center to buy stuff for the picnic. And then sunday came and we met by the courtyard in front of the dorm building and then finally they told me where we were going. I can't believe Antoine failed to mention this to me the previous day! Can you believe we went to
BELGIUM just to have picnic?!?! And to top that we just rode bikes! We crossed to another country (and I didn't have my Visa with me coz I didn't think I'd need it for biking!) riding bicycles for 3 hours of so, just to have picnic! When we arrived back in the dorm, my legs felt like they were disconneted from the rest of my body. It was a little embarassing because the 2 girls who were with us were in better shape than I was. Hehe obviously they were used to doing this but I was so not ready for something like this. Hehe excuses, but hey I did it and that's what's important. Im really proud of myself hehe this is a great achievement! Yahoooo it was very tiring but it was definetely worth it. The sights were so fantastic, I finally saw the countryside of France. It was how I imagined it to be: rolling green fields with red and yellow poppies that would tend to go for miles, little houses with their little gardens and matching wells, ranches with cows and goats and horses, little villages with old churches in their town center, the good stuff! And it was the same in Belgium. It was so wonderful. And the people would smile and wave bonjour as we passed by. Belgians speak french, but their signs and writings in the towns were done in their native language (its Flemish I think) so I couldn't understand the shops that we passed by. Whew it was really tiring but it was totally worth it! It really feels so good to have tried something amazing like this. hehe


7 Comments:

At September 21, 2004 at 4:29 AM , Blogger nicolo said...

Wow, it is really amazing! Ang galing! First sa France then sa Belgium ka na nakarating! amazing! Pictures naman diyan!

 
At September 21, 2004 at 8:58 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oi, ipetition mo na kasi kami!!!

 
At September 21, 2004 at 8:58 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Plus a suggestion, please use CAPS para madali basahin post mo~!

 
At September 22, 2004 at 2:10 AM , Blogger Nan Santamaria said...

Sumusobra ka na! Nasa france ka na nga, kung saan-saan ka pa nagpupunta... Uuy, interested sa'yo si Antoine. Haha. Nasaan ang photos? Baka kwento-kwento mo lang yan, hehe (empiricistic cynicism as defense of the matigas-ang-ulo a.k.a. bitter-na-wala-sa-france-at-di-marunong-mag-french).

 
At September 23, 2004 at 7:27 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

hehehehehhe.... si Antoine!!!!! ipakilala mo kami JB!!!

 
At September 23, 2004 at 8:22 PM , Blogger nicolo said...

si Antoine...hmmm. guwapo ba? *bites my tongue*(wehehehe!)

 
At September 23, 2004 at 8:44 PM , Blogger Nan Santamaria said...

may photo ako ni antoine. pogi. haha.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home